Personal Injury Lawyers Cherry Hill, NJ
New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have experienced either physical or emotional damage due to another’s neglect, you deserve significant compensation. Do not allow the negligence or irresponsibility of another to negatively impact your physical, emotional and financial future.
The legal team at Flynn and Associates has many years of experience representing personal injury case clients and has guided thousands of clients to successful settlements. Our many years of experience and battle-tested legal team will allow you to focus on what matters most, like recovering from your personal injury and ensuring that you have a successful and happy future.
While getting you substantial compensation is our priority in a personal injury case there are other important factors that allow us to help others as well. Your lawsuit may save lives in the future by holding the responsible party accountable and setting the stage for change in safety protocol or industry safety regulation.
Your case may force a corporation, business or hospital to be more careful in the future with the well-being of their customers or patients. While it is possible for you to litigate or reach a settlement for a personal injury case on your own, we highly recommend that you employ professional legal representation to save you time and frustration.
We here at Flynn and Associates care deeply about our clients and hope to make the legal process and your personal injury case as stress-free as possible. You do not have to do all this work alone; please allow us to carry some of your burden which allows you to heal in whatever ways necessary after your personal injury.
We know that a personal injury can impact nearly every aspect of your life whether it's walking, working or sleeping. All these difficulties can be amplified when the stress of negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense representation is thrown in on top of your already difficult scenario.
As if all of this wasn’t enough as medical bills begin to mount the stress can become too much.
We know that there’s a lot of change and coping that you’re going through and we would be honored if you allowed us to help guide you through the complex and frustrating legal process.
The attorneys and legal team here at Flynn and Associates will be there for you with all the guidance and support you need through your personal injury lawyer; Cherry Hill NJ residents have counted on our years of experience with helping thousands of clients just like you! Our attorneys provide the personalized service and representation you need for a personal injury case.
If all the stress and difficulties of a personal injury case have left you wondering where to turn or what to do next then give us a call at (888) 243-2924 for a free consultation with our expert personal injury lawyer in Cherry Hill NJ to help guide us to a successful case. With thoughtful planning and execution, we will get you the justice and compensation you are owed for the negligent actions of another.
In the great state of New Jersey, a personal injury can be defined as any injury you sustained as a result of the medical malpractice of a single doctor or hospital-wide, accidents involving automobiles or motorbikes, elder abuse which most of the time takes place in a nursing home, any slip and falls due to the negligence of company or hospital employees, and also injuries sustained from a faulty product.
It is vital that if you have experienced an injury due to some of the factors listed above that you get into contact with legal representation as quickly as possible. As these cases all have a statute of limitations that may pass if you take too long to file your case, do not allow the statute of limitations to take away the compensation you need and are owed.
There are several factors that must be proven to successfully litigate a personal injury case and get the compensation you are owed for your injury:
- That either the company or a single employee had a duty to ensure that your injury did not occur.
- That this company was not acting according to their duty and put you and possibly others at risk.
- That their breach of duty and irresponsibility with their customer's safety was responsible for your injury.
- You experienced physical, emotional or financial damages because of your injuries.
New Jersey Personal Injury Services
With over 25 years of experience and the expertise associated with such a long record of exemplary representation, we will help to guide you through this process with personalized client relations at every step of the way. We ensure that your story will be heard by our attorneys who will provide you with all the established legal knowledge needed to fully understand the state of your legal case.
Together we will determine whether your case has passed its statute of limitations which will help to determine if your case can be taken to court successfully. When it comes to determining the fault of a company or single defendant our network of industry experts will help to provide evidence that negligence was the cause of your injury.
Most importantly our attorneys and legal team have extensive experience negotiating for settlements and will ensure that you get a favorable deal at the settlement table if we can avoid a courtroom trial.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
As stated above there are several forms of personal injuries that you can collect compensation from, below is a more detailed list:
If you went into a hospital to seek treatment for something and left worse off than when you walked in, what do you do? Although every medical procedure does contain an element of risk there are steps that a hospital or doctor can take to decrease the risk as much as possible.
If your injury was caused by a doctor or surgeon’s error and even in the case of unsanitary conditions within the hospital, they are liable for your injuries. Essentially if the hospital caused your injury, even by accident they are responsible for your injury and therefore responsible for providing you with the compensation you deserve.
As stated above medical malpractice is any negligent actions taken by a hospital or doctor that caused your injuries.
Here is a list of some of the most common instances of medical malpractice:
- Misdiagnosis: This is when a doctor or hospital incorrectly diagnoses you with a condition or disease and provides treatment that at best doesn’t help with the disease or condition you have. In some cases, these treatments may do more damage on top of the issues you already have, for instance, if the hospital misdiagnoses you with cancer and employs chemotherapy which destroys your immune system.
- Delayed Diagnosis: This occurs when a doctor or hospital doesn’t see the signs and symptoms of a disease such as cancer early. This can lead to extremely serious and possibly preventable injuries.
- Infection: An infection can occur when a hospital does not effectively and regularly sanitize their tools for procedures.
- Negligence: When a doctor doesn’t pay attention during a procedure and puts his patient at risk.
At Flynn and Associates, we have represented thousands of clients in the state of New Jersey in their automobile accident cases. If you have experienced a personal injury from an automobile accident in the state of New Jersey, we have you covered.
We will ensure that you get all the compensation you are owed for your injury caused by the negligence of another.
Provided below are some of the most common causes of personal injuries in automobile accidents:
- If another driver on the roadway has put both their own safety as well as the safety of others at risk by driving while intoxicated or drowsy. Either of these conditions can impair a driver’s ability to effectively focus on the roadway.
- Accidents caused by the negligent actions of a passenger of a car, while the driver may not be liable to the passenger who acted negligently most certainly is.
- If you were hit by a car and the driver decided it would be a good idea to leave the scene of the accident to avoid punishment for their accident.
- If you were either hit by a car while walking as a pedestrian or you were driving and a pedestrian acted negligently and caused you to get into an accident.
- If you were involved in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of others whether you were driving the motorcycle or the car.
- If you were involved in a cycling accident caused by the negligence of others whether you were cycling or driving the car.
- If you were involved in a Commercial truck accident caused by the negligence of others whether you were driving the commercial truck or the car.
- If you were involved in an accident because of the negligent actions of public transport or any ride-sharing services.
This kind of liability applies when you have sustained an injury while on someone else’s property and the injury was caused by their negligence. Premises liability can apply in the case that you are invited to a house by a homeowner or if you are injured at a retail store or restaurant.
The most common type of injury that involves premises liability is slip and fall injuries that occur on another’s property. This injury may have been caused by negligence if there was a slippery floor that went unmarked and you slipped and fell causing injury.
While all of us love our dogs, it is still possible for dogs to do rather large amounts of both physical and emotional damage if they decide to attack.
While this may seem like a scenario that causes only physical damage, a dog bite can leave victims scarred for life mentally and in a country so filled with dogs it can be difficult to find areas that are safe for the victim’s mental well-being.
In the case of a dog bite the owner of the pet is held liable for their pet’s actions and they will be responsible for giving you the compensation you deserve. If you were bitten by a dog and sustained possibly severe personal injuries we will help to negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Assault & Inadequate Security
Any time you are on a company’s property they are required to keep you safe by providing security or employees to ensure the safety of customers. A common instance of this is in bars where maybe a customer is over-served or security personnel do not remove a violent or belligerent customer.
This customer could then cause you injury by either being directly violent or causing accidental damage. While companies cannot predict the future if they could have acted to prevent your injury and didn’t, they are liable.
If you are injured while at work and doing your job to the regulation of your employer, the company's workman’s compensation will cover your medical bills as well as lost wages due to your injuries.
However, if you suspect that your injury was caused by the negligence of your employer, you may be able to file a third-party claim and get more compensation than your workman’s compensation.
If you sustained a personal injury in any of the ways above, we promise to provide you with the best in legal representation.
- We have over 34 years of service fighting for clients who have experienced personal injuries. With all those years of experience, we have gotten our clients millions and millions of dollars in compensation.
- We eat, sleep and breathe personal injury cases and will fight every step of the way to get you every ounce of compensation possible.
- We will help you to get better by providing lists of recommended medical or psychological professionals to go see. Our number one priority is your health and happiness and we will do everything in our power to get you into contact with someone who can help.
- We will deal with insurance adjusters and professional negotiators so that you can avoid all that stress and focus on healing.
- We know the difficulties you’re going through with a personal injury and will treat you with every ounce of respect you deserve.
- You won’t pay a cent until we win you the compensation you deserve for your personal injury case.
Give us a call for your free consultation to discuss your possible case or just ask for advice and knowledge from our experienced legal team. Personal injury is a broad term that covers any injury you suffer to your physical person. It does not include damage to your property or to your reputation.
A personal injury claim is when you sue another person or party for causing your accident. In most cases, a personal injury claim seeks compensation from an individual or company’s insurance policy.
What Makes Up A Personal Injury Claim?
There are two basic components of a personal injury legal claim assertion of negligence and a claim for damages associated with your injury.
In legal terms, negligence is acting in a manner that shows a lack of care or responsibility and can possibly lead to injury. Negligence can take many forms that end with an injury. For example in the case of an automobile accident claim, negligence may be represented by an intoxicated or drowsy driver.
In the case of a slip and fall accident claim, it is possible that the property owner acted negligently by not taking good care of his/her property. Most importantly there needs to be proof that someone else was responsible for your accident whether they were negligent or malicious.
Once you have proven that another person or company was responsible for your injury it is then time to assess how much money the responsible party owes you.
The money the responsible party owes you is the damages that you are owed because of their negligence caused your injury.
Listed below are the most common types of damages that you may be owed by a responsible party.
- The full cost of your medical bills associated with your injury as well as the amount of money spent on recovery from your injuries such as physical therapy or trauma counseling.
- Money to cover you for possible future medical procedures that the accident may have caused.
- If you have been unable to work for long periods of time you may need money to make up for the lost wages, you could have earned if you weren’t injured.
- Any pain and suffering that your injury or the accident itself may have caused.
An example of possible pain and suffering from a personal injury is suffering from depression or anxiety caused by your injury or accident. Conditions such as these can be seriously and negatively impact your life tremendously. The physical side of pain and suffering may come in the form of lifelong scars that will never go away or chronic back problems.
In very plain terms pain and suffering are the emotional and physical costs of your injury which can be extremely difficult to put a monetary value on. These personal injury cases can be extremely complex and frustrating, which is why we would be honored to go to battle for you and represent your interests both in the courtroom or the negotiation table.
Frequently Asked Questions about New Jersey Personal Injury Cases
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about personal injury lawsuits and the process associated with them.
How long does a personal injury case last?
Unfortunately, there is no single answer to this question as cases can vary widely in both complexity and the amount of research and experts needed to effectively argue your case. There are several steps that the case must go through until the case can either go to trial or negotiations at the settlement table.
Cases of this kind can last anywhere from a few months to a couple of years depending on the complexity of the case. Our main priority is helping you to get through this complex legal process with our expertise and legal team so you can focus on what’s important, getting better.
Who is going to pay for my medical bills for an automobile accident?
New Jersey is a no-fault state when it comes to automobile accident personal injury cases. Being a no-fault state means that at first, you will have to pay for your own medical bills upfront and recover that money from the responsible party at the end of your negotiation or court trial.
However, it is possible for you to get your medical bills covered during the negotiation for a settlement.
Are experts needed to help prove my case?
While it may not be 100% necessary for you to have experts to win your case, we recommend that they are involved to bolster the strength of your case.
These experts can provide vital information that helps to strengthen your case and prove a person or company’s negligence.
Is there a time limit to file a personal injury case in New Jersey?
Yes, there is in the form of the statute of limitations for each kind of personal injury or accident.
A statute of limitations makes the timeliness of your case filing extremely vital and why we recommend that you get into contact with legal representation as soon as possible.
Not only will this ensure that your case is valid a timely filing will allow you to get your compensation as soon as possible allowing you to move on with your life.
Get Help from Our Personal Injury Lawyers in New Jersey
Personal injuries can be extremely traumatic mentally, physically and financially. We believe that you should focus on recovering from your injury rather than trying to navigate the sometimes murky waters of personal injury law.
Our New Jersey attorneys are here to advocate for you and your best interests, helping to make you whole again.
We will provide you with the utmost in client-centered representation whether that involves answering any questions you may have or update you on the state of your case. We will do everything in our power to make this very difficult and complex process as easy and stress-free as possible, so you can take the time to heal.
Call Our New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers
Our team of personal injury attorneys works extensively to build a solid case to support you and obtain the highest compensation possible. If you have been seriously injured in New Jersey, call us toll-free at (888) 243-2924 or fill out an online contact form to receive a free consultation on your legal rights.